The sealant can be used to seal any gap or crack, from around window frames to bathroom tiles. Various repair products and home DIY methods can be really effective, including sealants. It can be used to seal edges and cracks and corners on walls and tiles. It is also suitable for the repair of coverings separating from the wall and other surfaces.
The rubber-like sealant comes in a variety of compounds, including silicone, latex, and polyurethane, and can be used for all kinds of DIY jobs. Of course, you need to know how to use them!
If you are a beginner and need help using sealants, the video at the end of the article shows you step by step what to do. The procedure can be used for all edges, corners, gaps and cracks.
Materials required for sealing:
- Manual pressure gun
- Sealing compound
- Smoothing knife
- Wet cloth
How to perform the sealing?
- Place the cylinder full of sealant into the manual pressure gun.
- Cut the end of the plastic nozzle with a sharp blade (at a 45-degree angle).
- Place the dispenser (again only at an angle of 45 degrees) over the surface to be sealed and press the pressure lever of the gun.
- When you have finished pressing out the sealing compound, smooth the material along its length with your finger.
- The excess sealant can be wiped off with a damp cloth at the end.
In the following video, a do-it-yourselfer shows you in 3 minutes how to quickly and easily perform sealing at home.
Source of the article:
Housebeautiful.com (How To Effectively Use Caulk In Your Home Repairs)