You need a roofing expert: When you contact Gerard we will bring you into contact with a Gerard Roofer near you. He is not a GERARD employee but an independent contractor, who is trained by us and specialized in GERARD roof installation.
- The roofer’s visit: The GERARD roofer will come to your place to examine your roof. He will be there to give you professional advice and inform you about any details you are interested in. , Finally he will give you a free quote of your particular reroofing project.
- Find the right date: Once accepting the quote, a 50% deposit is usually expected and the work is scheduled in for an agreed date. (Bear in mind that all roofing is weather-dependent so hard-and-fast dates may require a bit of wiggle-room!)
- The big day: Installation generally takes about a working-week from start to finish and happens in clear and practiced steps:
- Erect scaffolding and roof-edge safety measures
- Remove old roofing material and dispose of off-site
- Check the roof sub-structure, prepare surface and install new roofing battens if necessary
- Install new roof complete with all hips, ridges, flashings etc (usually about a day)
- Clean up around your garden and perform final inspection of new roof
Final signoff: Any remaining payment is now due and the Gerard Roofer provides your warranty certificate and maintenance guide